Going the Distance
Technical training curriculum needed to certify a specialist workforce? A distance-learning solution that keeps a far-flung workforce aligned? Presentations that codify complex processes or policies in graphically bracing terms? Design for People is there, there, and there.
Our eLearning experience ranges from products for educators to courseware for online, mobile, or classroom use. We’ve produced highly visible online microlearning for IBM Watson and AdWeek subscribers — and brought transit system emergency plans to life for first responders. We produce interactive instructional solutions for government, healthcare, technical, and marketing audiences, among numerous sectors. Certification training is a specialty.
Our course development methodology is tailored to fit the needs of learners and includes elements of:
- ADDIE instructional design model – systematic and iterative design process
- Social learning – modeling effective behaviors
- Situated learning – learning in context, with social interaction and collaboration
- Discovery learning – active problem solving of new solutions by drawing on past experience
- Motivational learning – providing relevant opportunities to apply knowledge
- Adult learning theory – incorporating elements of andragogy and other teaching methods appropriate for adult learners
- Sesame Street approach – learning should be fun and engaging
Design for People instructional designers emphasize storytelling, empathy with the target audience, and creating measurable value. We’re a team of diverse experts – curriculum architects, instructional designers, user experience and content experts, scriptwriters, narrators, graphic designers, media producers, and developers.