Teri offers a unique ability to gather even the most complex information and construct an understandable learning paradigm that educates learners. At Design for People she creates storyboards that translate concepts into engaging digital learning modules.
Teri has more than 20 years of experience as a learning solutions consultant and project manager on a variety of education, training, and e-learning projects.Typical project responsibilities cover all facets of course development and design for online and instructor-led training from assessing learner needs, developing learning objectives, creating course materials, activities and assessments, and performing quality assurance. General project management responsibilities include managing and maintaining communication, deadlines, schedule, and budget with clients, SMEs, programmers, designers, and production teams.
Teri’s course development methodology varies and is modified to suit each particular client’s needs, but always includes elements of:
- ADDIE instructional design model (systematic and iterative design process)
- Social learning (modeling effective behaviors)
- Situated learning (learning in context, with social interaction and collaboration)
- Discovery learning (active problem solving of new solutions by drawing on past experience)
- Motivational learning (providing relevant opportunities to apply knowledge)
- Adult learning theory (incorporating elements of andragogy and other teaching methods appropriate for adult learners)
- Sesame Street approach (learning should be FUN!)
Teri has developed a variety of e-Learning solutions for clients including McGraw-Hill Professional, United States Federal Aviation Administration, Sodexo, Digital Ignite, Walmart, Pacific Cycle/Schwinn, and University of Vermont Extension. Teri has served as Senior Director of Learning Solutions for the e-Learning company Blackboard, Inc. and as the Director of Courseware Production for University Online Publishing (UOL). Teri has a B.S. in Communication Arts and a M.S. in Curriculum Development and Computer Education from Cornell University and has additional graduate coursework and multimedia certification from George Washington University.